SQL Database Developer
Reports To: Manager, Business Intelligence
Summary: This position will require you to be proactive, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment, resolve technical issues in a timely manner, have strong problem solving skills, have pride and a sense of ownership of your work, and effectively communicate statuses and issues. As a SQL developer you will create stored procedures, functions, reports, and automated processes using SSIS or DTS. You will work directly with .Net and JAVA developers (as well as other IT professionals) to complete requirements for web based applications in a project environment. The ability to initiate and implement projects under minimal guidance is required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gather requirements and specification from various sources. Create a development plan by identifying knowledge, tools, and resources required. Perform process mapping based on requirements. Translate each process or software requirement into programming logic and/or process flow chart.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs per development plan utilizing the appropriate software, hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Develop process flows and establish process automation and control. Perform data mapping and data validation. Test program functionality and document results.
- Maintain and support programs per change requests; make approved changes, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part. Identify and contact affected users and clients to prevent and resolve problems as necessary.
- Analyze performance of programs; investigate and troubleshoot problems; take action to correct deficiencies based on fact findings, consultation with users, software vendors, service providers, or system owners, and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with internal and external clients to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input and output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write standard operating procedures for programming development and data processing. Maintain programming documentation and specifications.
- Document problems and track resolutions for future reference.
- Perform business operations: loading new business, posting payments, updating account information, processing balance reconciliation, exchanging business files, skip tracing, analyzing data, and providing ad hoc reports.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Learn process capability, system limitation, and software and hardware requirements through internal and external training. Stay current with new software and hardware technology related to programming including new updates. Identify problems and make recommendation for changes when necessary. Identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide cross-training to fellow employees.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering or equivalent education background with strong knowledge and experiences in current technologies.
- Preference will be given to candidates with current technical certifications.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in application development, data conversions, and product support.
- 5-10 years of SQL code development experience, with primary focus on Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 platforms.
- T-SQL Server side processing with development of database objects (stored procedures, functions, etc.).
- The ideal candidate will have experience in SSRS, SSIS, and DTS (2000/2005/2008).
- Experience in application development, data conversions, and product support.
- Business casual environment.
- 40-hour work week.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the clients.
- Must satisfactorily pass a thorough background check.
- Employee may have to sit for an extended period of time.
- Employee may have to travel between offices.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
We recommend you do NOT use the "Apply Now" button; we are a Sourcing firm, so the only way to ensure our client sees your resume is to send it to the email address in the description above.