DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS-BALTIMORE, MD
Our client, a non-for-profit organization in Baltimore, MD that works to prevent and end homelessness for vulnerable individuals and families by providing quality, integrated health care and promoting access to affordable housing and sustainable incomes through direct service, advocacy and community engagement is looking for a Director of Community Relations to join their team.
Are you tired of not having your recommendations and suggestions implemented? Do you feel that you not part of the team that is driving business forward? Have your personal and professional growth curve started to flatten out? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, maybe is time to look at a better career, not just another job. If you are an innovative and thoughtful communicator who can leverage resources to make a positive impact on the work of the organization, local to the Baltimore area, with roots in the community, let’s talk!
As their Director of Community Relations, you will lead the agency’s efforts to leverage strategic relationships that help it reach and serve vulnerable populations, the director identifies and advances collaborations that support the agency’s mission. She/he provides guidance and support the agency leadership in the complex community relationships they manage (neighborhood, faith-based, business, political, educational and fellow service providers, e.g.). This position directs the volunteer program, and is a member of the Communications team that includes government relations, consumer relations and communications. As an agency director, you will also be a member of the agency’s Management team.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health, public affairs, public relations or related field
• Minimum five (5) + years of experience in community relations, preferably within the realms of health care, housing and/or criminal justice, or other human services or social justice areas.
• A track record of inclusiveness and collaboration, and of building rapport and effective working relationships with people across race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, educational status and age
• A demonstrated ability to successfully and tactfully navigate dynamics market by contention and/or uncertainty
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of the greater Baltimore community and its political and economic structure
• Comfort with, and ability to navigate, Baltimore City’s broad range of neighborhoods and communities
• Excellent judgment and political savvy
• Ability to plan, implement, oversee and evaluate initiatives, campaigns and events that require cross-team collaboration
• Master’s degree social work, public health, public affairs, public relations or related field
• Bilingual/Bicultural (English/Spanish)
America At Work is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, religion, race, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.