Our client, a non-for-profit organization in Baltimore, MD that works to prevent and end homelessness for vulnerable individuals and families by providing quality, integrated health care and promoting access to affordable housing and sustainable incomes through direct service, advocacy and community engagement is looking for a Behavioral Health Consultant to join their team in Baltimore, MD
Are you tired of not having your recommendations and suggestions implemented? Do you feel that you not part of the team that is driving business forward? Have your personal and professional growth curve started to flatten out? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, maybe is time to look at a better career, not just another job. If you are an innovative and thoughtful communicator who can leverage resources to make a positive impact on the work of the organization, local to the Baltimore area, with roots in the community, let’s talk!
As the Behavioral Health Consultant, your primary function is to provide consultation and assistance to the agency’s medical providers on the management of behavioral health concerns in primary care. The agency provides short-term behavioral interventions to engage and motivate client to actively manage their medical and behavioral health care. The agency also assesses and refers client to primary mental health, case management and addition services. This position reports to the Medical Director.
Their Behavioral Health Consultants:
• Independently provide brief assessments of clients to assist medical providers in developing and implementing the behavioral health portion of the medical treatment plans.
• Participate in multi-disciplinary Patient Centered Medical Home teams, including attending daily huddles to identify clients who could benefit from the agency services and provide feedback on and help coordinate care for existing clients.
• Provide short-term, brief intervention therapy for clients who are not in need of longer-term services or for those who require more immediate attention than is available from the Behavioral Health team. Interventions include motivational enhancement counseling, adjustment to illness, disability benefits education and psycho-education.
• Complete paperwork necessary for reimbursement for behavioral health reimbursement.
• Provide crisis intervention for clients with more emergent behavioral health needs.
• Facilitate groups designed to engage clients into treatment and enhance motivation for behavior change on topics such as diabetes education, smoking cessation, and pain management.
• Models and reinforces the Health Care for the Homeless “core values” of dignity, authenticity, hope, justice, passion and balance.
• Actively participates in performance improvement activities and actively participates in advocacy activities that support the mission of HCH.
• Performs other duties on an as-needed basis.
• Master’s Degree from an approved School of Social Work
• Currently licensed in Maryland as a LCSW-C
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in providing behavioral health interventions
• Must have experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
• Demonstrated expertise in evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of the full range of psychiatric disorders inclusive of alcohol and drug interventions and knowledge of psychiatric medications, their purpose, use and side effects
• Experience in motivational interviewing and self -management goal setting
• Bilingual/Bicultural (English/Spanish)
America At Work is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, religion, race, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.