Our client, a non-for-profit organization in Baltimore, MD that works to prevent and end homelessness for vulnerable individuals and families by providing quality, integrated health care and promoting access to affordable housing and sustainable incomes through direct service, advocacy and community engagement is looking for a Dentist to join their team in Baltimore, MD.
Are you tired of not having your recommendations and suggestions implemented? Do you feel that you not part of the team that is driving business forward? Have your personal and professional growth curve started to flatten out? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, maybe is time to look at a better career, not just another job. If you are an innovative and thoughtful communicator who can leverage resources to make a positive impact on the work of the organization, local to the Baltimore area, with roots in the community, let’s talk!
The Dentist performs dental services for the agency patients including oral examinations, prophylaxis, fillings, extractions, endodontia, periodontal surgery, root canals, crowns and bridges; takes and interprets radiographs; and performs follow-up services. This role reports to the Medical Director
• Principles of dental care of adult and geriatric clients served by HCH. Applies these principles when providing individualized dental care to specific clients
• Provides dental treatment to patients by performing prophylaxis, fillings, extractions, endodontia, periodontal surgery, root canals, crowns and bridges.
• Diagnoses dental conditions, evaluate oral health, and plans and provides treatment
• Examines teeth and instructs patients on proper dental care
• Maintains, updates, and reviews patient charts, records, and information
• Clinically supervises Dental Assistant
• Models and reinforces the Health Care for the Homeless “core values” of dignity, authenticity, hope, justice, passion and balance
• Actively participates in performance improvement activities and actively participates in advocacy activities that support the mission of the agency
• Performs other duties on an as-needed basis
• Completion of a stare recognized Dentistry program
• Current licensure to practice Dentistry in Maryland
• Current licensure to prescribe medication in the state of Maryland
• Minimum of 1 year of direct clinical care experience, preferably working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting
• Direct client care experience with diverse populations
• Comfortable working with homeless and/or low-income individuals and families
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with EMRs
• Culturally sensitive working with staff and clients from diverse background
• Experience in a community or public health setting working with the underserved
• Bilingual/Bi-Cultural (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required
America At Work is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, religion, race, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.