Contract Senior J2EE Programmer - Analysis
Columbus, OH Dublin, OH area
Three 3 Primary Qualifications:
- 7+ years of Java experience with strong Object Oriented principals understanding.
- Solid understanding of web services and SOA principles in general.
- Knowledge of JDBC and JPA, not SQL Server specifically.
- Design, develop, maintain and support J2EE services and common components that enable SOA.
- Provide market-competitive skills for robust and effective reusable services that supports worldwide applications portfolio.
- Serve as J2EE/Java Web Services/Dojo developer for a regulatory application.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve stability and usability of supported applications.
- Provide high level guidance on a variety of technologies.
- Work closely with external team and technical lead on implementation of design.
- Follow the SDLC.
- Work effectively within large, matrixed project teams.
- Collaborate with internal peers and third party partners.
Technical Competencies Required:
- Java Web Services
- Message Broker
- SQL Server
- Support common J2EE services and components used for the enablement of SOA.
- Design and develop J2EE services based on technical specifications.
- Troubleshoot production issues, find root cause, and implement solutions based on analysis.
- Work closely with Change Management, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance to ensure full compliance with the Software Development Life Cycle process and standards.
- 24x7x365 reliable support that leverages collective resources to meet service level expectations.
Qualifications; Requirements and Preferences:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, etc.
- At least 3 years of experience in a development and/or IT production support environment.
- Experienced building Web Services using J2EE, XML/HTTP, and XML/SOAP.
- Understanding of hardware configuration, installation, and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced or knowledge with using SOA or tools provided to enable SOA (SRR, ESB) is a plus, but not a requirement.
Possess demonstrated interpersonal skills:
- Leadership; Adherence to the established Development Lifecycle; mature Decision-Making; working flexibly on multiple projects with changing priorities; working well with other IT teams e.g., (networking, database, engineering, service center, business partners, etc.) that ensures software delivery and support; using innovative experience-based, improvement opportunities; and positive professional relationships with various teams including development, engineering, and support; using appropriate diplomacy and effective means and methods of communications; and working with business clients to find and resolve issues.
For immediate consideration please contact R. Towle at: email@example.com or (770) 683-0060.
We recommend you do NOT use the "Apply Now" button; we are a Sourcing firm, so the only way to ensure our client sees your resume is to send it to the email address in the description above.